The TOUGH-MAN Trail Run Series has no obstacles, no Zombies and definitely no Military styled combat soldiers shouting orders at you..... What it does have is Insane terrain, Deep valleys, Massive climbs , Wild Animals and of course YOU! 10 to 12km – R100.00 – No Goodie bag (5:45 – 6:30am)
The Tough-Man Trail Series is not insanely difficult, but gives each competitor a good test of trail running endurance while taking in the breath taking scenery and wildlife that we are blessed with in South Africa. Each event is limited to 300 runners.
Event 1: Saturday 25th January 2014 ( Last 2013 event )
2014 Series will be launched in February 2014.
• Courses will vary: 10 - 13km – R95.00 pp
• 6:45am SHARP
START & FINISH VENUE:
INTABA VIEW : Restaurant & Venue
• Only 20 min from Durban / 8 min from Kloof / 5 min from Hillcrest
• Intaba View, 10 Old Main Road, Botha's Hill
• This amazing venue overlooks the Valley of a Thousand Hills and PheZulu Game Reserve. It is truly one of the most beautiful venues in KZN and definitely the softer side of the Tough-Man Trail Run Series!
• “Discounted” Breakfast specials for all competitors and spectators or you can head straight to the Drum & Bell (Pub)
Follow us on Twitter: @Tough_manseries
REGISTRATION: 5:45am to 6:30am @ Intaba View
ON – DAY Late Entry Fees:
There will be a Water table with goodies at the Start & Finish and 1 with 32GI on-route. So fuel up before you head-out into the Game Reserve.
9:15 am on the Veranda. There will be a mixture of prize money and awesome prizes from our Sponsors worth R20 000 for the Series
DESCRIPTION OF ROUTE:
(New routes with changes will be selected per event)
10 – 12km
The course starts with a gentle 2.5km drop to the valley floor. Once here your lungs open wide and you climb up onto the plains, watch out for the Wild Animals! This route is easily uses single tracks, fence line paths, jeep tracks and game tracks. There is a ladder to descend and a swing bridge to cross... Watch out for the electric fence... it can bite.
HOW TO GET THERE: http://www.intabaview.co.za/site/contact-us.html
All the trails are all inside PheZulu Game Reserve. The Reserve is fully fenced and completely safe... apart from the insane Terrain, Wild animals... and of course YOU!
Animals to be seen: Zebra, Impala, Giraffe, Blesbok & Wildebeast